A dream doesn't become reality through magic. It takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Wednesday 27 March 2013

What a journey it has been!

What a journey it has been! When I set out on the quest to become President of Kenya, I knew it was one that would be filled with challenges and other unknowns. However, I was determined that no matter what we faced, the greater goal of reaching Kenyans and sharing with them the message of hope had to be attained and thanks to you – it has.


We may have not had the outcome we desired in this election but there is so much to be proud of. For one, I am thankful to my family and friends who have stood by me and with me, not only in this election but throughout my political career. I am thankful to the amazing team of campaign staff and volunteers and NARC Kenya officials and members who have sacrificed and poured their hearts and prayers into this campaign. I am even more proud that their dedication and commitment to the need for a greater Kenya where all are treated with equality without regard for class or social standing remains unrelenting.

The standard we have set is undeniable and the path we have blazed is discernible. We spoke the issues that matter and we shared the truths that remain unchanged and that Capital, is a victory in every sense of the word. Thanks to your time, donations and efforts, we have set a new tone and pace for Kenyan politics that will call for higher standards from those who seek elected office.

I know many are asking "where do we go from here?" Personally, I will be honest with you and let you know that I am taking some time to reflect and unwind from what has been a long and tough campaign. However, be assured that my commitment as a Kenyan citizen to the ideals I have long held of transparency and accountability in office remain unshaken.

I urge you to remain vigilant in this new political dispensation. We must not relent in our fight to stand for what is right and just, for all – not just the privilege few. Martin Luther King said that “our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”, my hope for you – for us all, is that our lives continue to thrive as we continue to speak and act on the things that matter – the lives of every Kenyan.

I look forward to remaining in touch.

God bless you and God bless Kenya!

Sincerely,

Martha Karua

No comments:

Post a Comment