A dream doesn't become reality through magic. It takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Monday 1 July 2013

The pain of being RAO.........give this guy a bone......

 

Former Prime Minister, Raila Odinga, has sensationally stated that he is equal to former President Mwai Kibaki and should be accorded the same treatment with the former President.

Speaking in a one on one interview with a journalist from one of the major dailies, Raila said the Jubilee Government has been frustrating him from the day he lost the Presidency to President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Deputy William Ruto.

“I recognise that there is another Government in power and they are entitled to their attitudes. But I think we should be a civilised country that respects its citizens. Everybody has rights: children, the sick, the disabled, the infirm, the aged, everybody. At every stage of life people should be treated with respect. It’s a culture we should institutionalize.” Raila said.

To stress his point, Raila, who is also CORD leader, said the Jubilee Government had withdrawn all his security leaving him with only one security guard.

“In my home (in Karen) there is only one person. When he is asleep, I have nobody there. The guards assigned to my home are not provided with transport. That leaves the question whether they are supposed to carry guns in a matatu. I was a Prime Minister who was an equal partner with the President. That’s why I had 20 Ministers and Kibaki had 20 ministers. They say I’m not entitled to anything. I am not a VIP. Look what they do for the others. Nyayo (former President Moi) is given six cars. Kibaki has 25 guards. He has been given a budget of Sh250 million for an office. What about me? Don’t I have things to do? I have not been paid even a single cent in pension since I left office. Yet I served as an MP for 20 years, as a Minister and Prime Minister. How am I supposed to survive for the rest of my life?” furious raila posed.

Raila said when he inquired about his retirement’s package, he was urged by Jubilee operatives to quit active politics if he wants the package.

“I am not their subject. I can’t be ordered around by the spokesmen of people. They never brought me into politics and they can’t force me to retire. I will not be held to ransom because of benefits. It’s a carrot they are dangling before me but they should be more civilised. I have a mission in politics and it is to serve the people. Only they can tell me to retire and not some Government functionaries.”  He said.

No comments:

Post a Comment