A dream doesn't become reality through magic. It takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Saturday 8 February 2014

Immigration Minister resigns after employing illegal worker

 
Mark Harper has resigned as immigration minister after discovering his cleaner was in the country illegally
Mark Harper has resigned as immigration
minister after discovering his cleaner was
in the country illegally Credit: PA

Mark Harper: 'I must hold myself to a higher standard

Mark Harper, who has resigned as immigration minister after doscovering that his cleaner was in the UK illegally, said that he felt compelled to resign even though he had "complied with the law at all times".
In his resignation letter to Prime Minister David Cameron, the Conservative MP said: "As Immigration Minister, who is taking legislation through Parliament which will toughen up our immigration laws, I should hold myself to a higher standard than expected of others."
He added: "I have always believed that politics is a team game, not an individual sport.
"Under the circumstances, I have therefore decided that the right course is for me to return to the backbenches. I am sorry for any embarrassment caused."
Mr Harper said he would continue to support the Conservative party and the government "in whatever way I can".

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-02-08/harper-resignation-i-hold-myself-to-a-higher-standard/

No comments:

Post a Comment